ONA Coalition National Gathering, June 6-10, 2016 in St. John, MN
I was invited to take place in this annual gathering, one of the presenters (name to be found and shared) invited us to create a timeline of our deeply PERSONAL life story using the following starters:
Time: 20-30 minutes
Action: write, draw, document
Consider: What is your story?
- What are the experiences your body has had with sexuality? With spirituality? With race? With ability?
- When was the first time you kissed someone?
- When did you first masturbate?
- When did you read the Bible for the first time? Take communion? Sing in the choir?
- When have you been targeted because of your race? When did race afford you privilege?
- What messages did you get about what your body could and could not do?
Additional Questions to Consider:
- When did you first come into the realization concerning race and how did you respond, and how do you respond today?
- What have you taught others concerning racism?
- Will you share some situations that you encountered racism within the last few years and how did you respond?
I am interested in redeveloping this with specific stories in mind based on intersectionality (Sexuality, Religion/Spirituality, Race/Ethnicity).
- Reading and Interpreting the Timeline: http://users.rider.edu/~suler/timeline.html