In the last few years, I have spent time compiling different ways to pray… Most have been sent to me via email and the original creator is unknown (to me). If you know who originated any of these ways of prayer, please send me a message and I would be happy to properly cite and credit them. Attached is a word document: MoonSalutation
The Moon Salutation
Christians can use the various (yoga) postures to focus on the different aspects of God the Father. For each pose, say a line from the Lord’s Prayer.
- To begin, stand in the Prayer Position (Namaste.) Make sure feet are just a bit wider than hip-width apart, your toes are turned out slightly, and your palms are together in front of your chest.
- As you inhale, raise your arms over your head. Keep your shoulders and bring our arms about 3 feet apart in a V position. Separate your fingers and raise your head to the ceiling. You are now a 5-pointed star.
- As you exhale, separate your feet about three feet and bend your knees and elbows about 90º. You are now in the Victory Squat (Vijaya Asana) position.
- As you inhale, bring your feet close together beneath your hips. Raise your arms and clasp your hands over your head. Look up to your hands being careful not to strain your neck.
- As you inhale, lower your head. Lower your arms and cross them at the wrists in front of you.
- Inhale. As you exhale, return to the Victory Squat (Vijaya Asana) position.
- As you inhale, bring your head back to a neutral center position and form a T by raising your arms to shoulder level.
- As you exhale, go into the Triangle Pose (Trikonasana.) Put your right arm into your right leg and bend your body to the right as far as feels comfortable.
- As you inhale, raise your body and return to the T position.
- Exhale and repeat the Triangle Pose (Trikonasana) on the left side.
- Inhale and return to the T position once again.
- Exhale and return to the initial Prayer Position (Namaste.)